Tax planning and compliance
Advising on all areas of taxation and compliance such as Income Tax, VAT and Trusts.
If you are one of millions of people who complete a self-assessment tax return each year, you are legally obliged to meet H M Revenue and Customs (HMRC) deadlines to avoid financial penalties and interest charges.
We offer an efficient and comprehensive tax return service for individuals, whether you are resident in the UK or not.
We can prepare your personal self assessment return, carry out any necessary calculations, correspond with HMRC and deal with any enquiries.
Our specialist team can also offer you a full range of tax planning services, including:
- advice on tax-efficient remuneration and business structures
- inheritance tax planning
- pension planning.
Corporation tax represents a significant portion of your trading costs. Moreover, the increased reporting obligations, robust investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities, and harsher penalties for non-compliance mean that an undue amount of your time and resources can be spent on the administrative burden that corporation tax demands.
FFC offers a range of services to help you minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation. These include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital or revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance including corporation tax self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
- Efficient corporate tax planning which can result in potentially significant improvements in your bottom line.
Value added tax, with its ever widening scope, is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently over or under pay VAT.
We have worked with a wide variety of organisations requiring varying levels of support. VAT planning requires in-depth knowledge where professional advice can bring big rewards. We have helped many of our clients to reduce VAT assessments and minimise their VAT liabilities.
Our services include:
- assistance with VAT registration
- advice on VAT planning and administration
- use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Assistance with the completion of VAT returns
- Practical support during VAT inspections
IHT remains a complex area and seeking early professional advice is wise. Our expert team can advise on a number of options for reducing your IHT liability, including:
- gifts, including lifetime gifts
- life insurance policies held in trust
We have the experience and expertise to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of self-assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax positions and the planning opportunities available to you.
Our services include:
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas